The purpose of this document
- Gardentips360 is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
- This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- It applies to customers of Gardentips360.
Gardentips360 is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to customers of Gardentips360. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or another contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about customers of gardentips360 through the use of the contact form submissions process within the system. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including customers, suppliers and other referees or in order to perform other background checks throughout the account creation process.
How we use your personal data:
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
1. Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
2. Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
Gardentips360 uses the information collected from you to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with the benefits of being a Gardentips360 client. Gardentips360 also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Gardentips360 will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you such as providing a benefit or service or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers).
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Gardentips360 will use such information to identify its visitors. Gardentips360 may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
• Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
• Recognise you when you return to our site.
• We use this cookie to track our AdWords conversion data i.e if a user clicks from an ad on Google to our website, identifying they have got to the website through paid advertising.
• We use this to understand the user behaviour on our website to improve our user experience and get feedback from customers about how to improve the website.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 20 minutes.
Any information Gardentips360 holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit processing agencies, or references provided by you in the course of your account creation.
Gardentips360 will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with goods and services.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is to meet Gardentips360’s to provide goods and services to you. Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
This type of service allows User Data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes. These communications are displayed in the form of banners and other advertisements on this Website, possibly based on User interests. This does not mean that all Personal Data are used for this purpose. Information and conditions of use are shown below.
In addition to any opt-out feature offered by any of the services below, Users may opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Users may also opt out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
Google AdSense (Google LLC)
Google AdSense is an advertising service provided by Google LLC. This service uses the “DoubleClick” Cookie, which tracks the use of this Website and User behaviour concerning ads, products and services offered.
Users may decide to disable all the DoubleClick Cookies by going to Google Ad Settings.
Personal Data processed: Cookies; Usage Data.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google LLC)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data processed: Cookies; Usage Data.
This type of service allows this Website to display advertisements for third-party products or services. Ads can be displayed either as advertising links or as banners using various kinds of graphics.
Clicks on the icon or banner posted on the Application are tracked by the third-party services listed below and are shared with this Website.
Amazon Affiliation (Amazon)
Amazon Affiliation is a commercial affiliation service provided by Amazon.com Inc.
Personal Data processed: Cookies; Usage Data.
By agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Gardentips360 processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing gardentips360 @ gmail.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Gardentips360 may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Gardentips360 requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
We do not need your consent to process your personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations to you. In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain data or particularly sensitive data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like it and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
We have asked you to consent to us sharing the personal details you provided on your registration on Gardentips360 websites. Should you decide to withdraw this consent, you can do so at any time by Gardentips360 @ gmail.com or writing to us at the address set out below (see the last section for full contact details).
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EU.
If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other entities. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers i.e extended payment plans, and payment processing providers, market research, product fulfilment and data analytics. The activities for which we use third-party service providers may change from time to time in order for us to meet the needs of the business.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities in our group?
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Gardentips360 will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for two years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After two years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Gardentips360 does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us. Your rights in connection with personal informationUnder certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request the erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Gardentips360 in writing by emailing at Gardentips360 @ gmail.com
No fee is Gardentips360usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Gardentips360 in writing by emailing Gardentips360 @ gmail.com or contacting 01234 261385. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.