There was a time when most people used vinegar solutions to clean the windows. Those who wanted to put minimal effort into the process would use old newspapers. With time, technology and cleaning devices evolved and a water fed pole made it easy to clean windows of different heights with utmost safety and ease.
So why are water fed cleaning poles so popular?
One of the factors that made water fed cleaning poles so successful is the fact they used high-end technology. One could describe this cleaning device as a long extendable pole featuring a robust brush head. Within the pole, there is a pump system that works towards dispensing purified water as and when required.
The brush, along with the water, helps in cleaning the dust, dirt, pollen, leaves and other things off the windows. Once the cleaning process is over, one waits for the windows to get dried up. Apart from cleaning windows, water fed cleaning poles are also used to clean roof lights and skylights.
We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
There are several factors that make this product the ultimate winner in the water fed cleaning pole category. Their strength and longevity make aluminium-made water fed window cleaning poles extremely popular in the commercial market. While most window cleaning poles are known to use water as the only cleaning agent, many consumers wish to use soap to clean their windows. For them, investing in this cleaning pole makes a lot of sense as it comes with a soap dispenser. At this price point, you will hardly come across an aluminium window cleaning pole that comes with a soap dispensing unit. The soap dispenser is a built-in unit closer to the water connector that can be found at the aluminium pole’s base.
When it comes to the garden hose, you have the option of either hooking it closer to the water inlet or the other inlet that comprises water and soap. If you opt for the latter, the water will pass through the soap dispenser, move across the cleaning head and get inside the tube. The cleaning head is a fine-quality brush featuring very soft bristles and a squeegee towards the back. If you wish to use the squeegee, you will have to turn the pole around from its conventional position. The cleaning head does not turn on a pivot but it is set at an angle of 135-degrees which enables it to maintain good contact with the window panes.
One of the reasons this window cleaning pole offers great value for money is because it lasts for several years and does not require much maintenance. Another factor that has contributed to the success of the product is the ease with which it can be used. As the pole has been built with aluminium, it offers a high degree of rigidity and sturdiness. Apart from cleaning windows, it can also be used to clean off the dust and dirt off a variety of other surfaces like a sloping glass roof.
- Comes with a soap dispenser featuring two taps that allow you to choose between cleaning the windows with soap and water or just water.
- The aluminium construction is of very high quality and assures you of longevity and strength.
- The brush attached to it has soft bristles that do a very good job of cleaning the windows.
- The pricing is very reasonable and it comes with the features that offer great value for money.
- Some users might face issues because of its weight that could cause pain with extended usage.
- Not suitable for tall buildings with very high glass windows.
This water fed cleaning pole by Hi-Tech boasts of durable aluminium build and is rust-proof. At 1.6 kilograms, it is lighter than many other cleaning poles in this price range. In fact, a large number of users prefer this pole over several other models because of its lightweight structure and the convenience it offers. The design is also user-friendly and ensures limited physical strain is experienced while using it to clean windows for a long time. One of the highlights of this cleaning pole is the fact that it can be extended by adding three sections to it.
The cleaning pad of this device comprises a narrow brush that has soft bristles. The built-in squeegee is of a size that makes it easy to use. When you feel like using it, you have to turn it over the pole in a way that it faces the window. Another factor that makes it a very convenient device to handle is its unique weight-saving feature. The water flows through the pole’s interior portion with the help of two PVC tubes that have a narrow structure to them. Towards the lowest part of the pole, you can see the tubes connected to the garden hose. On the top end, they join two brass holes that can be found in the rear end of the brush.
It includes a soap dispenser that has two switches to turn it on/off. If you’ve faced any issue with putting together a cleaning pole in the past, then you would be happy to know that the process of assembling this particular unit is very simple and easy. The brand also provides you with a manual that explains the assembly process step-by-step. The brand offers good customer support. If you come across any defect in the model you purchased, you can reach out to them directly and they will extend support to you in very little time.
- The lightweight and user-friendly design of the pole makes it ideal for cleaning tasks that go on for a long time.
- The assembly process is very convenient and has been detailed elaborately in the user manual.
- The soap dispenser it comes with is durable and offers great functionality.
- The weight might get a little difficult to manage for some people when the pole is extended optimally.
- The brush might need to be replaced after using it for a couple of months.
Built with 4-section aluminium material, this water fed cleaning pole proves to be a very good long-term investment. The pricing is quite right and once you invest in it, you can be sure about it supporting your window cleaning needs for at least a few years. It must be remembered that while the aluminium used to manufacture it is tough, it is not very heavy. The weight of the device is 1.8 kilograms and unless you are not used to doing this kind of cleaning service, you will be okay managing it for a few minutes in your hands. If your hands start hurting, you could take breaks in between and hire professional assistance. The pole is 13 foot long and can be expanded as per the cleaning requirements.
Apart from the 13ft cleaning pole, the packaging kit provided by the brand comprises of a garden hose adaptor and a soft brush head along with a built-in squeegee blade. Unlike many other cleaning poles that suffer from extreme weather conditions, this one proves to be capable of protecting against different types of issues like rust build-up and corrosion. While cleaning a window, if the default height setting of the pole doesn’t work for you, there is an option to extend it by using one, two or three sections. When you collapse the pole completely, its entire length runs up to 1350mm.
The brush it comes with proves to be very effective in cleaning all the dust and dirt particles accumulated on the windows. The dual brass jets release water with a good amount of force and contribute greatly towards the efficiency at which the cleaning process happens. If you are particular about your windows being washed with soap, then investing in this window cleaning pole might leave you disappointed. While the pole does a very good job of cleaning the windows with water, it does not come with a soap dispenser. Another issue with the device is that it does not feature an on/off switch to control the water flow. Once it gets connected to the water hose and you switch on, the window washer will start functioning automatically.
- It is an extendable cleaning pole comprising of four different sections that enable it to go from 135 centimetres to 4 metres.
- The brand offers a well-packaged kit that has all the components you would need to clean your windows thoroughly.
- The brush provided by with it has soft bristles and works like magic on dirty windows.
- With a rust-free and corrosion-free design, this device proves to be highly durable and serviceable in the long run.
- One thing that will put off a lot of consumers is the absence of a soap dispenser.
- There should have been an on/off switch to regulate the flow of water.
This water fed cleaning pole by the brand Domestic Cleaning Poles is exactly what the brand name stands for. This 3.4-metre cleaning pole is most suitable for cleaning the windows. If you own a large office building or a hotel and planning to invest in a bunch of cleaning poles for commercial or large-scale use, then investing in this particular might not be the best idea as it has been designed for residential use. It is not long enough to clean windows or other surfaces that are located at a distant height.
The overall weight of the pole is 1.6 kilograms, so it is lighter than most of the water fed cleaning poles that are used for domestic cleaning purposes. While the length of the pole is 3.4 metres, when you use your hands to hold it and clean the windows, the total cleaning or working height of the device becomes around 4.5 metres. For effective cleaning, a soap dispenser has been attached to the pole. You can use it to release soap with great convenience. The combination of soap and water ensures that no smudge or stain remains on the windows.
This window fed cleaning pole comes with multiple features that make the process of cleaning the windows of one’s home very easy. These features are simple and can be easily understood by even those who have not used such a cleaning device before. Because of the many features it offers, one can categorise it as a product that gives good value for money.
- Its features and mechanisms make it the most ideal device for cleaning the windows of homes.
- The built-in soap dispenser works very well towards dispensing soap required while cleaning the windows.
- At 16 kilograms, the cleaning pole is fairly easy to hold and manage during cleaning processes.
- Limited height of the pole makes it unsuitable for commercial cleaning tasks.
If you were under the impression that water fed window cleaning poles do not come cheap, you should have a look at this well-designed device by Neilsen. The cleaning pole boasts of a vibrant and colourful design that is bound to catch your attention immediately. It is available in different colour options and all the variants are sold at the same price. It is a very convenient device to use and comes with an array of user-friendly features.
One of the major highlights of the cleaning pole, which also gives you a glimpse into the kind of effort that was put into designing it, is the grip handles. The handles feel soft on your hands and help you secure a good grip on the pole. Even if you planned a very long window cleaning session, you will not have to worry about your hands suffering from massive pain. Most importantly, these grip handles have been positioned well and make the process of holding the pole effortlessly easy.
The brush attached to the pole is very soft. Its bristles are designed to clean your windows thoroughly without causing any damage to them. You also get a built-in squeegee with the product. The standard hose connection ensures that the water flows steadily while being dispensed out of the poles. One of the biggest selling points of this water fed window cleaning pole is its weight. It weighs just about one kilogram and can be used by people of any age group and weight.
- Budget-friendly cleaning pole that works very well for domestic window cleaning purposes.
- The soft grip handles enables the user to hold the pole for a prolonged period of time.
- With a weight of 1 kilogram, this cleaning pole caters to all segments of consumers who look for convenience with good usability.
- The pole does not have the desired length that is required for commercial cleaning purposes.
The type of water fed cleaning pole you need to clean your double-storey house would be quite different from the cleaning device required for getting rid of the dirt and dust accumulated outside the windows of a big office building. Buying water fed cleaning pole, therefore, requires careful consideration.
There are different variants of water fed cleaning poles and each of them is designed to perform a distinctive function or task. If you choose the wrong pole for your cleaning, you might regret investing in it.
Here are some of the factors you must keep in mind while buying a water fed cleaning pole:
- Clamping System
The clamping system is one of the features that help you differentiate between different water fed cleaning poles. Sometimes, two cleaning poles would be built with different materials but you won’t be able to find out that they are two differently-designed devices. However, if the clamping system used in the two products are different, then you would be able to differentiate between the two easily.
A clamping system is used to secure the cleaning pole or keep it together as one cohesive unit. While buying a water fed window cleaning pole, you must closely inspect the clamping system used in it and find out whether it is of good quality. Two major brands involved in manufacturing clamping systems are FaceLift andUnger NLite. The clamping system plays an important role in protecting your water fed window cleaning pole against wear and tear and contributes greatly to its longevity.
When you decide to buy water fed cleaning pole, you get to choose from a variety of materials like aluminium, carbon composite, glass fibre, carbon fibre and HiMod carbon fibre. The most commonly used water fed cleaning poles are the ones that are made of aluminium.
- a) Aluminium cleaning poles are very strong and durable. However, there is one thing you must remember before buying them. As compared to cleaning poles made of other materials, they are quite heavy. At the same time, they are offered at a much cheaper price than their alternatives. Their height ranges from 25ft to 30ft. Beyond a certain height, it gets difficult to manage them because of their height.
- b) Apart from being moderately priced, cleaning poles made of glass fibre are quite lightweight and flexible. Most of these poles do not exceed the height of 20ft. If you plan to clean your windows yourself and would not be comfortable holding a heavy cleaning device for too long, you should opt for a glass fibre cleaning pole.
- c) Another viable option is the hybrid cleaning pole. It consists of a variety of materials including carbon which makes up approximately 50% of it. These poles seek to offer some of the benefits of a full-fledged carbon fibre pole but are available at a much cheaper price. Hybrid poles are lighter but stronger than a glass fibre pole.
- d) If strength and durability are what you are looking for, you should opt for a water fed cleaning pole that is purely made of carbon. Carbon fibres, though sturdy and strong, are quite lightweight and easy to control. These are more expensive than the cleaning poles that are made of glass fibre and aluminium but every penny that you invest in a carbon fibre is worth it. If you are planning to buy a carbon fibre pole for extensive use, then it would be advisable to go for one that is 50ft long.
- e) HiMod and Ultra HiMod carbon fibres, which come at a premium price, can be best described as specialised cleaning poles. If you do not have any budgetary constraints, it would not be a bad idea to invest in these high-quality poles that offer a good combination of strength and usability. These poles are built with premium-quality carbon fibre and prove to be extremely durable.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you are about to buy a water fed cleaning pole for the first time, you will have several questions running through your mind. For the longest time, this was a piece of equipment that was largely used by companies offering professional window cleaning services.
However, now many individuals, in a bid to save up on money and have better control over the process, are investing in water fed cleaning poles and cleaning up their windows on their own.
The maximum height of a cleaning pole is largely dependent on the material that has been used to manufacture it. Also, the kind of window cleaning pole used by an individual depends on their requirements. For instance, if you want a cleaning pole to get rid of the dirt and dust on windows that are less than 30ft long, you should opt for a pole made of fibre glass.
To clean a 60ft long window pole, one could opt for a carbon pole. Before buying a water fed window cleaning pole, you should consult someone who has used it before. Doing this will ensure that you invest in the right pole to meet your cleaning requirements.
No, detergent is not used in water fed cleaning poles. The reason behind this is that it is not required when you wish to clean your windows using a cleaning pole. Water fed cleaning poles use tap water that is filtered for cleaning purposes. Since no artificial cleaners or chemicals are used in the process, you will not suffer from the guilt of causing some kind of harm to the environment. As detergent is not used in this process, you can be sure about no stain or smudge appearing on the windows.
Using a water fed window cleaning pole is a fairly easy and convenient process. When you switch from hiring professional cleaning services to doing this job yourself, you do end up saving a lot of money. Even if you are planning to hire technicians for the job, you will benefit by opting for a cleaning pole over traditional window cleaning tools. Technicians charge a lot of money for window cleaning processes as they need to use a ladder to reach a certain height and it involves a high degree of risk. Since no risk is involved in cleaning windows using a water fed cleaning pole, the technicians charge a lesser amount of money as their fee.
Yes, using the water fed window cleaning pole proves to be an eco-friendly option as no harmful chemicals or detergents are used in the process. This comes as a surprise to most people as detergents and different types of cleaning liquids are used in most cleaning processes. The cleaning poles use only organic elements like water, carbon sediment and salt for cleaning the windows and other objects.
Moderately priced fans should be good enough for a small-sized grow tent. If you have a spare computer fan that is used in exhaust vents, that will also do the trick for you. If you happen to own a large-sized grow tent, it would be advisable to opt for a mixed flow fan. Such fans are very powerful and offer noise-free operation.